Richard H. Weisler, M.D.
Dr. Richard Weisler has been in practice since 1980 in Raleigh, North Carolina, where his group follows more than 2,000 patients with a mixture of psychiatric disorders. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is an adjunct professor of psychiatry at the University of North Carolina (UNC) Chapel Hill School of Medicine, where he also served for many years as chairman of the Board of Visitors for the Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Weisler is also adjunct associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina.
Dr. Weisler has been recognized repeatedly for his outstanding contribution to the field of psychiatry:
- Selected as “Top Doc” for men among all psychiatrists in the United States (Men’s Health, 2007, in conjunction with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.)
- Named as one of America’s Top Doctors for 2007-2008 by Castle Connolly
Named one of America’s top psychiatrists for 2002-2003 by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Selected annually by his peers as one of the “Best Doctors” in North Carolina
- Listed in the Who’s Who among Medical Professionals in 2005 and 2006
- Past recipient of the Outstanding Teaching Award from the UNC Chapel Hill Psychiatry Department